Which hop(s) go nicely with Bramling X?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some fug luv it is then. I used to go to a pub that had a BX bitter specially brewed for i called Rye ale. Except it didnt have any rye in it. It was called that because the pub is on peckham rye (Peckham rye is a large open green space. William Blake is said to have had visions of Angels on peckham rye)

There is a recipe for Bellhaven Wee Heavy which uses about 100g of WGV, mainly for bittering to balance a fairly malt forward beer. This is a brilliant beer and is the only time I have used WGV.

I paired bramling cross with first gold in my last bitter, I suspect the FG has overpowered them a bit as I'm not getting the flavour I expected and it's similar to my usual first gold based bitter. Still a nice flavour though.

I'm not a Fuggles fan, but I love Bramling Cross - about 2:1 Goldings:BX is possibly my favourite combination for a best bitter.

It does show quite a lot of vintage variation though - the 2018 BX was far more like its Goldings mother, the usual blackcurrant fruit was evaporated in the heatwave.

Not a fan of WGV either. :cool:

I'm not a Fuggles fan, but I love Bramling Cross - about 2:1 Goldings:BX is possibly my favourite combination for a best bitter.

It does show quite a lot of vintage variation though - the 2018 BX was far more like its Goldings mother, the usual blackcurrant fruit was evaporated in the heatwave.

Not a fan of WGV either. :cool:

I could also try a BX/EKG combo as I have some EKG in the fridge. I'm currently enjoying an ordinary bitter hopped with EKG/Styrian Goldings

Back