Quantcast

Which movie(s) have you watched recently?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

ChilledGecko

Zythophile, innit mate
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, watched Enola Holmes a couple of times now. (Boss's choice too 🤣)
Millie Bobby Brown does play a good character since the early days of Stranger Things.

I found it quite refreshing and far fetched, in a good way.

I think 'frothy' covers it :hat:

DocAnna

Scottish Brewster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A bit?

Sir you are TOO kind
The Old Guard, oh why oh why didn't i read your comments earlier, truly an awful film, Plot consistency awful, characterisation naff and inconsistent across the film. Oh dear oh dear. asad1
A

strange-steve

Quantum Brewer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After watching Adaptation I thought it about time to watch Charlie Kaufman's latest movie I'm Thinking of Ending Things. This is a head-melter of a movie and I'm really surprised but very glad, to see something this experimental as a Netflix original and I hope to see more of the same.

Even for Kaufman this is abstract, much more "Synecdoche" than "Eternal Sunshine", without much in the way of a linear narrative. The first half hour or so starts off fairly normal but it then gradually descends into a sort of existential nightmare with an unsettling undercurrent of dread and rising anxiety, before becoming completely abstract and interpretive towards the end.

I won't for a second pretend that I completely understood it, but I sort of got the impression that comprehension isn't really the point and this can still be very much enjoyed as a work of abstract art capturing and visualising the dark recesses of the human mind in a way that only Charlie Kaufman can do. This isn't a film for everyone, but if you like his other films then this is definitely worth watching.

Cestrian

Regular.
Reaction score
Watched a film on Amazon called Victoria. A German crime thriller set in the club culture of Berlin that’s quite unique in that the whole film was filmed in a single take. You forget while you’re watching it, but it is amazing that they managed to pull this off. I read it only took three takes over two days of filming.

strange-steve

Quantum Brewer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I watched Good Time with Robert Pattinson and loved it. It's an odd and interesting little story with some slightly quirky directing, but Pattinson is brilliant and the co-director shows off some amazing acting ability in his few scenes as his disabled brother.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just...Scooby Doo...2...I think..ok.
The Omen is on now...missed it last night...

Nidger

Regular.
Reaction score
I watched 3 films yesterday.
Groundhog Day,
(for the umpteenth time)

The trench.
(Seen it before, can't stand Danny dire/diarrhea)

Cwrw666

Landlord.
Reaction score
Wife out at work last night so it was time to get out a couple of films she'd totally loathe - a couple of Peter Cushing classics -

The Evil of Frankenstein and Dr. Terror's House of Horror.

The latter with an all star cast - Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, Roy Castle, Donald Sutherland, Fluff Freeman (!) and the guy who plays Alfred in those Michael Keating Batman movies.

dr terror.jpg

Galena

Landlord.
Reaction score
If you like a good western (and I do) though they are few and far between these days you may enjoy The Ballad of Lefty Brown, available on Amazon

IMDb

Capture2.JPG

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like a western....didn't have much choice when I was younger.
YeeeeeeHaaaaaaar!

Covrich

Sith Acolyte
Reaction score
Watched Borats Subsequent film last night

Got to say it was "okay" kind of disappointed with it to be honest.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm currently watching Odessa File...classic!

Cheshire Cat

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched Dr Terror etc and it wasn't that good. Good cast wasted on poor stories.