White grape juice - where from?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sausagefingers

Reaction score
Tried Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys and Aldi yesterday looking for white grape juice but can't find any anywhere. So where's everyone getting theirs from? No problem getting red grape juice but the white stuff is proving hard to find.
Cheers

Strange my local Asda does the white grape juice, is it a large supermarket ? Ive also got it from Tescos too.

Jay

Just been to my local Asda, they havnt got it any more only White Grape and Pear. Idiots :)

Just been to my local Asda, they havnt got it any more only White Grape and Pear. Idiots :)

We can get lots of different white grape and ???? juices but they are usually very low in juice so not much good for wine making.

I gave up looking for the stuff months ago but I can get 500g of sultanas at Sainsbury for 85p, cheers Dave

I found 900g young's GJC for �£10 and change, which is the cheapest I could find. It's on ebay. I'm gonna try sultanas, but I can't find a recipe for making GJC anywhere.

There are no HB shops in Newport where I live :-(

I had too to Waitrose to get some last time I used it, none of the usual Edinburgh supermarkets had it

I found 900g young's GJC for ��£10 and change, which is the cheapest I could find. It's on ebay. I'm gonna try sultanas, but I can't find a recipe for making GJC anywhere.

There are no HB shops in Newport where I live :-(

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60220

tonyhibbett says .......Sultanas must be coarsely minced using a meat mincer in order to get the maximum extraction with minimum fine sediment, then strained after 3 days pulp fermentation. 250 g is the equivalent of a kilo of fresh grapes and yield the equivalent of 800 ml of juice.

Been working out of town and tried every supermarket I could find for the elusive white grape - bugger all, nothing, must be a northern thing and there's no Waitrose anywhere near me
Not a massive problem I'll just stick to the red grape :thumb:

I gave up looking for the stuff months ago but I can get 500g of sultanas at Sainsbury for 85p, cheers Dave

I have noticed that some contain veg' oil, especially lidl ones. Anybody have problems with sultanas with veg' oil?

Answered own question. Very little appeared certainly less oil than say carrot or parsnip.

Back