Wierd stuff you take on holiday.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We must all do this... Take something just a little strange on holiday.

We stay self catering so we do pack a little more... But I take frypan with me, which someone recently thought very strange?

What is your (or your partners) most odd item in the suitcase?

I'm not good at just sitting still so when we go abroad I always take enough books so I can learn a new subject. Nearly always IT based (Python, C+, AI/machine learning, Linux etc.). Once decided to learn ROS (The Robotic Operating System) but bought absolutely the wrong book, worst non-fiction book I've ever read, I found 122 mistakes 🧐 (my one star review is on Amazon where it is top review lol).

My missus thinks me taking Shimano bike pedals is a bit strange but I always hire a bike and I don't feel right on a bike unless I'm clipped in.

We stay self catering so we do pack a little more... But I take frypan with me, which someone recently thought very strange?

We do the same, frying pans in self-catering kitchens are usually rubbish and the owners rarely replace them despite the small cost. Last place we stayed at had 3 frying pans, all knackered.

I built a portable carrycase to take regulator and a couple of 10L mini kegs on holiday this year, a Cali Common and an Amber ale. Also made a trip to Verdant for extra supplies though !
Other essentials are fishing tackle and a few books.

In the past I've taken a lot of curry spices. I did consider the pan and knives on many occasions though! Crates of homebrew are a regular feature.

Its so long since I've been on holiday I am not sure I could tell you who i went with let alone what i took. :(

Not a strange inclusion but essential (we think) is a water filter jug thingy. Bottled water in many parts of Greece is fine to drink but has too many minerals/salts for brewing a nice cup of tea. Scum on the top of your brew is a NO from me

Cheers Tom

I built a portable carrycase to take regulator and a couple of 10L mini kegs on holiday this year, a Cali Common and an Amber ale. Also made a trip to Verdant for extra supplies though !
Other essentials are fishing tackle and a few books.
I was going to say a 5l mini keg with a party tap and small CO2 cartridge thingy, but 2x10l beatx that

Latest posts

Back