Woke.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched that already, and felt that the guy had very little, if anything, to actually say. Its buzzword bingo, with a sprinkling of "you can't win so don't bother trying"

What he says about poor countries not giving a **** about climate change is spot on, if you have no money, no job and everything is increasing in price weekly how high on your list of worries would climate change be.
As a parent I would push that button until the day I died as well. What parent wouldn't?

I watched that already, and felt that the guy had very little, if anything, to actually say. Its buzzword bingo, with a sprinkling of "you can't win so don't bother trying"
Well not really. UK emissions are down to 1900 levels (I get that a lot of that has moved overseas) and bringing new technologies online will reduce that further.
I've seen with my own eyes the pollution in asian countries and people living in galvanised huts don't care in the slightest what Greta has to say. They're too busy trying to survive.

Well not really. UK emissions are down to 1900 levels (I get that a lot of that has moved overseas) and bringing new technologies online will reduce that further.
I've seen with my own eyes the pollution in asian countries and people living in galvanised huts don't care in the slightest what Greta has to say. They're too busy trying to survive.
He's telling young people in the UK that their contribution is irrelevant, and to simply sit back and wait for the clever people to solve it. I have no idea what his agenda is, but he's not playing with a straight bat.

Bottom line is there are too many of us.
The line under that is the myth that economies ought to be in permanent expansion.
The one feeds the other and it's a vicious cycle.
We need to decrease, even decimate the population and we need to contract our economies radically.
By natural wastage, its to be hoped.

Bottom line is there are too many of us.
The line under that is the myth that economies ought to be in permanent expansion.
The one feeds the other and it's a vicious cycle.
We need to decrease, even decimate the population and we need to contract our economies radically.
By natural wastage, its to be hoped.
The logical conclusion of permanent expansion is will use all our resources up. Instead of being in a state of equilibrium with our planet. This economic sleight of hand could well be the only way to avoid the collapse of the global economic ponzi scheme it appear to me to be.

It is irrelevant to be fair. Any further reductions in emissions we make will be completely nullified (and even added to) by the explosion of population in these poorer nations.
Yeah, so his point then seems to be, sit down, shut up, and get back in your box while your betters pollute for profit, because its pointless to try and fix it.

As an aside, I PAID to ask this guy to explain the conflict in Crimea some THREE years ago and he swept my question under the carpet and said " it's nothing to worry about". Ive always had doubts about the fella and anything he says

Latest posts

Back