Wood burners

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's epic! Mine obviously will be free standing...along the way I've had most of the floors pulled up downstairs and tiled..its nearly done then the fire can go in. It'll dominate the extension but the place it's going had a crappy radiator and the cat bed...the cats will soon be happy with the heat...

We had one fitted this year, it’s mega. Not had the heating on yet and don’t plan too.

Got a load of logs too that we have been collecting for years.
Nice. I'll bet that stove wasn't cheap. I just got one (first time having one) and my only regret is that I got one with a solid guard at the front. You can remove it but you're goosed if the fire slumps forward.

That's epic! Mine obviously will be free standing...along the way I've had most of the floors pulled up downstairs and tiled..its nearly done then the fire can go in. It'll dominate the extension but the place it's going had a crappy radiator and the cat bed...the cats will soon be happy with the heat...
While the rest of you will be hugging the radiators

We had one fitted this year, it’s mega. Not had the heating on yet and don’t plan too.

Got a load of logs too that we have been collecting for years.

What is the heat output it looks huge.

Nice. I'll bet that stove wasn't cheap. I just got one (first time having one) and my only regret is that I got one with a solid guard at the front. You can remove it but you're goosed if the fire slumps forward.
No, it wasnt but is the only fire on the market in that shape so had to pony up I'm afraid. 2.5K but they are even more now.
What is the heat output it looks huge.
8kW We are open plan so needed the bigger output.

only 8kw? I would have thought something that looks that big would have been a 12-15kw.
I thought the same it does look huge, maybe because its wide but not so tall the heat output is lower.

but size can be decieving without something to scale.
Look at the size of his cock ;)

1668272140256.png

I thought the same it does look huge, maybe because its wide but not so tall the heat output is lower.
Look at the size of his cock ;)
View attachment 77671
It's big! I hope he beats it with the brass companion set if it gets too excited.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it wasnt but is the only fire on the market in that shape so had to pony up I'm afraid. 2.5K but they are even more now.

8kW We are open plan so needed the bigger output.
I feel robbed now 😂. Mine (5kW) was the same price all in. Just wish I had more glass on mine.

I feel robbed now 😂. Mine (5kW) was the same price all in. Just wish I had more glass on mine.

I used this and it gave me a figure of 4 kW so we will go for a 5 kW, i know people who guessed and the fire was way too hot for the room and they used to have to open doors to let heat out.

https://www.gr8fires.co.uk/calculator-feet

WOW how big is your room ashock1

View attachment 77700
It’s a wet stove so of the 21kw 16kw goes to the water and 5kw goes to the room. The room is 21ft by 20ft and 11ft ceiling but it’s still far too warm for me to sit in so I’m in shorts in the “wee” living room watching whatever I want not what the 5 women in the house watch 😀

Nice one DJ i would love mine to be a water heater but i can imagine the work to put one in would be a nightmare.

You'll be burn some turf in that!😂
That stuff is pointless in a stove to be honest. The heat output is poor and the mess is terrible. Never mind cutting , footing and bagging the stuff.
Air polluting calco for me can’t beat it. Only thing is we use a grate a year 😳

Latest posts

Back