Woodfordes wherry - Easy keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banksy71

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to brewing and hope you can give me some advice?
I have just brewed my 1st wherry and batch primed in pressure barrel. It has been left to carbonate for 2 weeks and just moved to garage. I was wondering, would it be ok to fill a 5ltr mini keg straight from my pressure barrel, as want to take to relatives at Christmas, and easy keg is easy to transport and carry.
Would I need to add sugar to easy keg, then fill keg straight from my pressure barrel, or could I just fill keg straight from my pressure barrel without any additional sugar to carb the keg?
I know I should of considered this before allowing the beer to carb for 2 weeks, but hindsight is a wonderful thing... lol.

You can decant to a keg without re-priming, I've done this to take beer to BBQs etc, should be good for a day or two.

Yes what he said above, but you want to try and prevent oxygenation, if you can fix a tube to the tap of your pressure barrell, that goes to the bottom of the easy keg, should be ok but might only last a few days.

Thanks for the help Portreath & Honk. athumb..
I'm not worried about it only being good for a day or Two, it will probably on last the night anyway :beer1:

Honk,
Would a bottling stick do the job instead of a piece of tube?

Back