Would this still be good to use?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crofty83

Regular.
Reaction score
I have just taken delivery from a family member of some FREE HomeBrew gear. So far i've got 2 extra FV's and 13, 1 gallon demijohns (apparently there is still more to come but not sure what). The last time these were used seems to be 1999.

I need more FV's but was wondering if, after a good clean you think they would still be good to use. Plus I've attached a picture of more bits n bobs for your advise on if they would be good to use or fodder for the bin.

homebrewstuff.jpg

Cheers guys, Crofty

Can't see why the Equipment would have any problems if cleaned and sanitized properly, stuff with a Best before, wouldn't know. I'd probably use it in a test to see what it came out like. Anyway, but that's just me

All free, nicely done!

FVs, good. Demijohns, good. Spoon, good. Hydrometer, good. Apricot brandy flavouring, suspicious. Potatoes, are these for you tea or are you planning to ferment them?

jonnymorris said:
FVs, good. Demijohns, good. Spoon, good. Hydrometer, good. Apricot brandy flavouring, suspicious. Potatoes, are these for you tea or are you planning to ferment them?

I genuinely nearly wet myself reading this lol.

The potatoes were for my tea and the kettle was already mine too before you ask :-p

The hardware ? Using much older stuff regularly . The ingredients ? Likewise ....but with care ! Like cracking a suspect egg into a cup before adding it to a whole pan of ingredients , decant a little of the old stuff into a trial vessel before adding to bulk . Obviously some stuff does not store for ever ....but using common sense , well , good tunes and old fiddles and all that ;)

Latest posts

Back