Would this work as a keggerator?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinky

Regular.
Reaction score
I'm looking to either build a 3 keg keggerator or buy the mangrove jacks one. Mangrove jacks takes 3 of the newer slimline kegs so I would need to swap mine at additional cost or just have 2 older cornies in use till I could afford to swap. Making one is obviously cheaper and if I could get one big enough for 3 cornices plus some space to chuck in my hops to store them that would be ideal!
I've spotted this MCF198 | Fridgemaster do you guys think this will take 3 corny kegs and are there advantages of buying the mangrove jacks one over making one yourself, other than the costs?
The external dimensions are:
Width: 833mm
Depth: 559mm
Height:854

From the pictures it looks a decent size and it's bigger than the mangrove jacks one to start with so I assume it would work ok?

I have one exactly like that, it may be able to handle 3 cornies, however that shelf may get in the way. I have three of the big 12l kegs in mine and it fits fine, I'll have to measure though to see if it's the same. I think it's also deep enough without adding a collar and building a tower.

I'm looking to either build a 3 keg keggerator or buy the mangrove jacks one. Mangrove jacks takes 3 of the newer slimline kegs so I would need to swap mine at additional cost or just have 2 older cornies in use till I could afford to swap. Making one is obviously cheaper and if I could get one big enough for 3 cornices plus some space to chuck in my hops to store them that would be ideal!
I've spotted this MCF198 | Fridgemaster do you guys think this will take 3 corny kegs and are there advantages of buying the mangrove jacks one over making one yourself, other than the costs?
The external dimensions are:
Width: 833mm
Depth: 559mm
Height:854

From the pictures it looks a decent size and it's bigger than the mangrove jacks one to start with so I assume it would work ok?
I have that exact freezer and am using it as a keezer. I also have old style wider kegs, I have 2 in there right now but it does fit a third if required. I also have a co2 bottle on the ledge, think it’s a 6kg one that fits in.

You can get a 3rd keg in where the beer bottles are. I didn’t bother with adding a collar for taps, I just put flow control taps right on the kegs, I like it as it’s less cleaning of lines to do and I avoid DIY as much as possible.

640FD543-E67B-4B05-B61F-BCFE5CA8CD1A.jpeg

Do you need to add a collar? I was going to drill into the lid and fix the taps that way, have a 3 tap tower, would that not work?

Do you need to add a collar? I was going to drill into the lid and fix the taps that way, have a 3 tap tower, would that not work?
That could work but the standard approach with a keezer is a collar. Its not hard to do and means you don’t need to damage/drill holes in the freezer. Fridges usually have the towers because the door is at the front so it’s not attached to the door.

Adding the collar was very easy and easily worth the effort if you need it. I have a garage full of stuff I refuse to get rid of, this was two new floor boards left over from repairing floors in house .

Attachments

• IMG_20220914_174842.jpg
    IMG_20220914_174842.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 0
You should easily get three in. Mine holds two and there is space for a cocktail/water tap & kegland PET keg (when available). Building the collar was very simple. I went down the route of using 4x right angle brackets on the inside as opposed to drilling & screwing up the sides. The longest part was waiting for the paint and glue to dry.
Excuse the bib. The wife won't let me add a drip tray in case the baby gets hurt so I compromised 😂
IMG-20230207-WA0011.jpg

PXL_20230228_170720300.jpg

That will work I had one like that for years the only problem is if it's against a wall it won't open all the way up. Otherwise it works just fine.

I was think just to cut short the beer out tube and attach the float there. No point in leaving the long tube in there.
Wrong thread and I don't know how to delete.

Latest posts

Back