WOW not clearing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niles

Reaction score
Hello,

I made 3 x 15Ltr WOW variations through July & August last year and have problems with them clearing.

To each I added 3tsp of pectolose at the start, after fermentation racked and degassed added 6ml of kwik clear and kept at under 12°c (my usual procedure and never had a problem before).

I noticed after a few months that there was quite a lot of sediment build up so I racked again. Unfortunately if anything there worse, placing a newspaper behind you could read some print now it's just a blur.

Thought of adding Bentonite but not sure whether with the amount of finnings already used it would impart an off taste.

I'm in no hurry to bottle just concerned whether they will eventually clear.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

What's the temperature like, how far under 12°C? Could it just be a chill haze?

Bentonite could be worth a try, but allow them to come up a few degrees first and see if that does the trick.

Cheers Moley,
Temperature's 13°c at the moment there in a spare room that doesn't have any heating on. Think I might try the Bentonite with the white that appears worse than the others.

niles said:
Temperature's 13°c at the moment there in a spare room that doesn't have any heating on.
That's acceptably cool but not cold, so it shouldn't be a chill haze.

Try the bentonite and perhaps a bit more pectolase.

Latest posts

Back