Wow

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffDragon7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just tried MJ juicy IPA only 3 weeks in the bottle so in a month or so it’ll be even better.
I can honestly say if I was served it in a pub I’d be more than happy, it’s gorgeous
5E228345-FC13-4597-BEAC-0F5C687D77B4.jpeg

.... and it's in a cider glass.
Which is a copy of an old Guinness glass. Classy!

Seriously though, why make references to a pub if your beer is clearly (cough cough Ankou deference) better than you would buy in a pub? Surely this is the reason you wouldn't bother with a pub and keep the money on an expensive pint in your pocket =) ^^

I will have to do this one again as it is the one which every single person I've offered it to has liked, even non-beer drinkers and people of the female persuasion, so I'll try to keep it in stock for visitors.
I, personally, find it a little bit 'too juicy', a little bit 'alcopoppy'. I still enjoy drinking it though.

Which is a copy of an old Guinness glass. Classy!

Seriously though, why make references to a pub if your beer is clearly (cough cough Ankou deference) better than you would buy in a pub? Surely this is the reason you wouldn't bother with a pub and keep the money on an expensive pint in your pocket =) ^^
I occasionally go to the pub aswell. Its nice to have a pint after a walk and Whilst at the pub I asked the guy if he had a couple of pint glasses he’d sell me, hence the two cider glasses which he gave for no charge. So worthwhile trip
I have an oven and food at home but I still go out for a meal

Last edited:
I will have to do this one again as it is the one which every single person I've offered it to has liked, even non-beer drinkers and people of the female persuasion, so I'll try to keep it in stock for visitors.
I, personally, find it a little bit 'too juicy', a little bit 'alcopoppy'. I still enjoy drinking it though.
would halving the amount of hops or reducing the amount of time hops are in there make much difference

Well done. Juicy Session IPA is gorgeous. I bought both it and Pink Grapefruit IPA again. It is better young I think. Loses some of the flavour after a couple of months. So drink it early.

I occasionally go to the pub aswell. Its nice to have a pint after a walk and Whilst at the pub I asked the guy if he had a couple of pint glasses he’d sell me, hence the two cider glasses which he gave for no charge. So worthwhile trip
I have an oven and food at home but I still go out for a meal

I don't need to scrounge beer glasses or buy them hehe. So many pubs around here and people never take them back into said premises. Hence I can take a walk and take my pick of what glasses I would like to keep at home. Getting to be quite the collection. I must have a few rare ones by now =)

How does the pink grapefruit compare mate
Both are excellent. Initially before I tasted the Juicy Session IPA I thought that nothing would beat the Pink Grapefruit IPA. Then when the Juicy Session IPA was ready and I had my first taste I thought it was better. However, I now think that the Pink Grapefruit IPA has aged better. I made up another batch of the Pink Grapefruit IPA last night. This time I added 1 litre of Pink Grapefruit Juice. I will be putting on a batch of the Juicy session IPA next. Both are fantastic. The Mangrove Jacks Bavarian Wheat beer is also well worth giving a go.

I don't need to scrounge beer glasses or buy them hehe. So many pubs around here and people never take them back into said premises. Hence I can take a walk and take my pick of what glasses I would like to keep at home. Getting to be quite the collection. I must have a few rare ones by now =)
No scrounging I was willing to pay, usually if you ask people are kind enough to give you stuff, I see no reason to steal things

Er hold on a cotton picking minute! Steal? If I find something a good fair way from its premises. Then I as far as I am concerned, taking litter off the streets and then repurposing it for a use that will last a lot longer than it would have it had stayed on the street - most likely smashed and in the bin. I would choose my words much better given the old stigma about scousers and thieving in the past and you should think a bit more carefully with your choice of words. Any other of my bretheren would have taken exception to such words. I was ribbing you jokingly and I get that? Hmm

Er hold on a cotton picking minute! Steal? If I find something a good fair way from its premises. Then I as far as I am concerned, taking litter off the streets and then repurposing it for a use that will last a lot longer than it would have it had stayed on the street - most likely smashed and in the bin. I would choose my words much better given the old stigma about scousers and thieving in the past and you should think a bit more carefully with your choice of words. Any other of my bretheren would have taken exception to such words. I was ribbing you jokingly and I get that? Hmm
That’s not how you said it you It. You said people don’t take glasses back into the premises as if you meant people drinking outside ( beer garden etc ) not in the street
i never mentioned “scousers” and I have never accused someone of something based on where they live. It is a ludicrous assumption that everyone from a particular city is guilty of a particular offence based on location.
maybe I am at fault for missing the fact you were ribbing me it was one of those days

Last edited:
I would choose my words much better given the old stigma about scousers and thieving

I used to tour with bands back in the '90s as a sound engineer. In the 10 or 15 years I did that we had our gear stolen twice, once in San Fransisco, which was our own fault for leaving visible it in a minibus overnight and once in Liverpool. In Liverpool it was a massive articulated lorry parked outside the Royal Court theatre as we were touring with a full production, they pealed back the roof of the trailer and lifted stuff out, the driver was fast asleep in the cab with all of us in asleep in the tour bus!

I read your post (below) exactly the same way as Jeff did and i bet i am not the only one, you can spin it any way you want if its not your property and you take it home its theft (even if you call it street litter), you openly admit you have a good collection and some rare glasses these belong to the pub not you.
You accused Jeff of bringing the stigma of Scousers and thieving into the thread i am not sure where that came from but it wasn't from Jeff.
(unless i missed it )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back