XL Bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna be a late one - that 80L of stone cold wort took 2hrs to come to the boil :shock: :twisted:

Boil will finish at 10pm

Is that 7.1% AA Challenger as at time of analysis in 2007? Just that I've using some too and am allowing for ageing...
From Beersmith
Capture-26.jpg

Ages back I thought my beers were under bittered, asked around and found out about this AA deterioration issue over time. Storing cold and barrier packaged helps to prolong the drop in AA.

Cheers Si :thumb:

These are labelled as 2008 (handwritten though from my supplier) :hmm:

All FV's have been going nicely for a few days now, starting to slow up i'll look to keg these at the weekend I think.

FG 1.008 (4.2%abv) so this is now cornied.

Had a cheeky taster of this - I think it could be a nice beer, I got the complex malt taste that I was after and it's not too over powering, the bitterness level seems about what I wanted too, certainly less bitter than some of the beers I normally brew. My only concern is that after the initial complex malt taste there wasn't much left, no lingering flavour to speak of.

Well we'll give it a try in a few weeks :whistle:

I wasn't keen on this beer at first but now - It's a very nice session beer :thumb: Lots of malt charachter and just the right hint of hops to make this a beer that you could drink all night......in fact, I might :cheers: It's not turned out as polished as I'd hoped - but it's not as bad as the picture makes out...

07042009957.jpg

Latest posts

Back