Xmas Present BruZilla 3.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonypolony

Reaction score
After brewing kits for years it's time to go to AG. My family did the research, notified Santa and bingo it was under the tree.
Next week the temp in my garage is going to get up to 12-14 degrees, I've ordered an Old Thumper clone kit and my sleeves are rolled up.
Watched a bunch of YouTube postings and won't be using the second fine screen in my grain basket.
From what I've read and seen I think to get a benchmark on using a clone is wise. I may even do quite a few before working and buying off a clone recipe buying the ingredients myself and tweaking it.
Any advice would be appreciated prior to starting and will post an update the day after brew Day.

Do a dry run with some water to familiarise yourself with your new machine.
You can see how it works, and it gets a bit of a clean.

You won't need to fill if full of water, just a couple of inches above the tap.
Then you can test assembling the kit, heating & how well it will hold temperature for mash.
How the pump works & you get an idea of the pump volume (eg: can it be set to trickle if you want to sparge)

I'm waiting for the kit to arrive before deciding. However as it's my first go I think maybe I will manually go through the process. Depends on the kit instructions

I'd give it a damn good cleaning,twice before you use it. Circulate the cleaning stuff through it.
I've just run a 5 litre fairy liquid wash to boil and circulated it via the arm over the mesh and all parts.
Just letting it cool a little before I empty it.

Latest posts

Back