yeast re using and changing flavours

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pittsy

Landlord.
Reaction score
I have just done a weissbier using wlp300 yeast which i have saved to do in another brew , i was thinking of doing a weissbier with orange peel and my question is if i use the wlp300 yeast and collect it afterwards will it have an orange flavour in it so using it a 3rd time will chance the original flavour or will the yeast remain the same as brew no 1 ? i would of thought it will change is this so ?

Thanks i'll go for it then as i've washed the yeast ,hopefully I got it right its my first attempt at washing yeast :thumb:

I have never reused a yeast from a stout in a paler beer because it can carry over some of the flavour. But I suppose it depends on how well it is washed and how much of it you re use, if you are using a yeast cake then you will probably have problems if you are uing a small amount to make a started then that may be ok (plus you could have a taste of the fermented wort from the starter to see if it is ok)

:thumb:

Latest posts

Back