Young's AIPA Help!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlsBean

Reaction score
I've brewed Young's AIPA 2 times before without any issues, this time however after conditioning the beer appears to be really dark, almost like a Red Ale, it tastes slightly fruity as well, with a definite note of blackcurrant both on the nose and the finish. I do vaguely remember when adding the Malt Pouch to my FV that it seemed dark but did not pay much attention. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? As most will know this beer should be Golden in colour.

YA2582t.jpg

That’s really odd. As you say, it’s a light, golden beer.

I’d assume there’s been a mix up at the factory - I’d send your photo to Young’s and await a response. At the very least, they should send you another kit.

I emailed Young's last night before posting, they have been very quick to respond this morning and agree that something is not correct and are sending me a replacement kit, so can't fault them for their Customer Service, in the meantime I have very interesting flavoured beer to consume o_O

Latest posts

Back