Youngs Lager Brew Day

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah. It seems I had made an assumption given that the pack of yeast was not labelled as ale yeast.
Thanks for pointing that out.
I learn something new every day.

Yeah its tricky to make lager, need an old fridge to put FV in as it ferments at low temperatures. Something I'd like to do in the future. Keep us updated on how your kit goes, I look forward to reading about it.

Hope it goes well. I will be starting my kit when have got down the current Wherry or have invested in another PB.

:cheers:

This is starting to taste fantastic.
Delighted that I added the simcoe hops. The aroma upon opening a bottle is outstanding.

Several bottles of this were cracked open on Saturday night with a friend. Has turned out to be a pretty damn fine lager. Nice constant head on the pint. Continues to fizz in the glass. Has a lot of life in it.
The addition of hops has given it a fantastic edge.
Friend absolutely loved it.
It's one thing sitting back and enjoying your own brew, feeling pretty pleased with yourself. It's another thing altogether when you share your brew and see the reaction when you pour something that looks, smells and tastes pretty damn awesome.

Gave my friend a couple bottles to take away with him. Got a text on the Sunday night 'Just opened the bottles you gave me. Taste even better today'.

Latest posts

Back