Your house brew.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Summer Breeze is my house ale but there are several others that are almost as popular including the Czech Pilsner, English Bitter, and Stout. Then there are others that I make less often but are always on the circuit like the Plum Porter, Cardamom Saison, and Belgian Tripel.

The list is getting longer though…

Graham Wheelers TT landlord must use Wyeast Yorkshire yeast
Graham Wheelers Worthington white shield
Dennis King's Galaxy delight
My recipe Czech pilsner.

I've a mixed fermentation Solera in a corny keg, so I guess that's the house brew as it contains a percentage of every brew that has been put in it and contains wild yeast harvest from just outside the house. Other than that I use the same recipe for an APA and a Saison, where I swap out the hops. A bit like how Kernel brew.

I was randomly thinking about this the other day. I have :-

1) Bitter - based on Harvey's Sussex best
2) Golden ale with Sabro hops

I am close on a mandarina bavaria based rye pale ale - probably needs a but more iteration to be a completely locked recipe.

I also have a NEIPA that I am close on but can't get solve the oxidation problem with it.

Old peculier is my go to beer. Not perfected it yet, but enjoying the experiments.

I’m trying to do the same with a good variety on tap, even tried my first DIPA and imperial stout recently.

Old peculier is my go to beer. Not perfected it yet, but enjoying the experiments.

I’m trying to do the same with a good variety on tap, even tried my first DIPA and imperial stout recently.
Tried an OP experiment about a year ago. It turned out a decent beer, but stronger than specified and it certainly didn't ring any bells. I had to admit that I couldn't remember what OP tastes like. Hope to have someone bringing me some samples back from Blighty end of next week so I'm going to have another go.

A Summer Lightning or similar keeps cropping up, but most brewed is a Mosaic Pale Ale (Mosaic Pale No13 is on the boil as I type).

Great post and now I have lots of new ideas!

For me it’s:

1. Ringwood Old Thumper ESB
2. A heavily modified Beavertown Neck Oil (session IPA)
3. A strong hoppy APA
4. Sweet orange Hefe
5. My version of Guinness using quick oats

Haven't quite settled on a fixed recipe that gets repeated yet but judging by the rate my better half drank the last batch I'd say my Golden Ale is probably the closest at the moment. Will be brewing it again next weekend so will see if it gets the same seal of approval!

Recently made my second batch of single hop EKG English IPA ,now established as a favourite with the family and my first house brew.
Also very partial to APA's with extra pale MO, Cara malt and any variation of 3C hops.

That's my second most frequently brewed ale after my house mild. It's a great recipe, but it needs a bit of aging.
Funnily enough, I prefer it when very young (2 to 3 weeks in the bottle) as you get the best floral hop aroma then. It's about on my limit for bitterness so I don't need to age it to reduce that. Or maybe it's just my water...

Great, thanks! Do you recommend any particular pale malt?
I'm not speaking for Cwrw, but I've made it with Chevallier and it's been lovely. I've got a bag of Plumage Archer I need to try out so that'll be my next one. Cwrw talks about a floral aroma when it's very young, but for me it tastes like honey, which fades as it ages.

I've made it with Chevallier and it's been lovely. I've got a bag of Plumage Archer I need to try out
I've made it with both, and prefer Chevallier by far. In fact, Plumage Archer didn't seem any better than Marris Otter; different, but not a specific improvement, if you see what I mean.

Latest posts

Back