Your house brew.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all!
Looking through my brew journal the same old favourites keep popping up...Tribute x6,my Pipster Pale x5 are tops..other favourites GH dry stout and more recently I've brewed a few lagers.
I've yet to settle on an English Bitter but Hazelwood Brewery version has been well tasted and I'm really enjoying the latest creation which is the 5 points clone. Along the way I've nearly always got a SAISON on the go and there's always room for seasonal brews such as porters.
What's your favourite brews?

That's a hard one, I have just had a lay off from brewing for a few months and I would not exactly called myself a seasoned brewer, however the brews I keep going back to make are a Fuggles Bitter based on the 5 points Brewery Bitter and an attempt of a clone of Blonde Bear which is only 3.9% made with First Gold and Jester hops and very quaffable.

Definitely BrewUK's Saison all grain kit with Wyeast 3711, can't see us getting bored of that.

Also, Dark Mild, though I'm in the process of narrowing it down to a particular recipe. Hazelwood Brewery's recipe looks good, though I totally screwed up the brew day there...

My first repeat brew was the GH dry stout albeit with a few minor changes from the first.

It used to be California Common and kolsch (both GH recipes), I think I made about half a dozen of each during from when I started AG in 2016 until late 2019 when I started doing lagers and so lost a bit of interest in the hybrid beers

More recently it’s Belgian wit (4 times), Falconers Flight APA (4 times) and NEIPA (3 in the last year, same grain bills but with slightly different hop schedules).

I've been going for simpler and simpler recipes. Current favourites that I keep remaking:

1864 Lovibond XB (from Pattinson) - basically an EKG smash.
1823 Cobb & co. Amber small beer (Durden park) - Fuggles + pale & amber malts.
Czech Pilsner (Greg Hughes) - another smash, this time with saaz hops.

Citra and cascade 'apa' is something I've done the most of, love drinking and friends rate - I really need to branch out, but it has been at least 50 percent of my all grain brews so far. Love it.

A Belgian Tripel I modified slightly from BYO magazine.
A barrel-aged Imperial stout I modified slightly from a kit.
An English Old Ale I modified slightly from a kit recipe.
I'm pretty easy to please.

I try to have a lager, a malty ale and a hoppy ale on tap at any one time.

Helles Belles - my Munich Lager recipe is solid now and there's always one on the go

Hoppy Ale - My session IPA recipe (On The Sesh) is pretty much there now and alternates with other hoppy beers. Summer Breeze V2 was last years standout hoppy brew. I'm serving a Mosiac APA at the minute.

Malty Ale - Currently dispensing the last of a 10L keg of a Vienna Lager on tap 3. An Irish Red Ale (recipe pretty much there) is cold crashing at the minute and is getting kegged on Saturday. If it's not an Irish Red, then an American Amber (random recipies so far) is the next most likely alternative. James Morton's Undead Pale Ale was another standout brew I'll go back to pretty soon

I haven't brewed a stout yet this autumn, but I've got a Weizenbock that's had 10 weeks in bottle so far and will be getting opened in another 4 or 5.

That's a hard one, I have just had a lay off from brewing for a few months and I would not exactly called myself a seasoned brewer, however the brews I keep going back to make are a Fuggles Bitter based on the 5 points Brewery Bitter and an attempt of a clone of Blonde Bear which is only 3.9% made with First Gold and Jester hops and very quaffable.
Yep that Five Point fuggles is a very nice drop. I've done a couple. Now and a third one substituted with Bramling X.

I've always had as close a clone of Hopback Summer Lightning as I can make. By always, I mean decades. I'm starting to vary it these days, I love the Gladfied Summer Gold and I've made a new one with Summer Lightning grain bill and Gladfields hop schedule. There's always a mild on, too, nowadays.

The ideal is to have stock of:
1. Hoppy APA
2. Porter or Stout
3. Something English (Golden Ale or trad IPA)
4. Something a bit different - often a Wit or a Dunkelweizen

I rarely achieve this ideal. Usually at least one if not two of the above out of stock / fermenting / conditioning T any given time.

Back