Zombie Dust

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_jon_

Regular.
Reaction score
Anyone tried the original of this?

It seems very popular to brew, and it's won IPA of the year and top 10 beers of the year. It must be decent, just wondered if anyone has tried it?

Can we get it here? Beer Hawk are usually pretty good at selling rare beers, but they've not got it. Anywhere I can buy some?

Anyone tried the original of this?

It seems very popular to brew, and it's won IPA of the year and top 10 beers of the year. It must be decent, just wondered if anyone has tried it?

Can we get it here? Beer Hawk are usually pretty good at selling rare beers, but they've not got it. Anywhere I can buy some?

I've never had it, but it's just a fairly simple all-citra IPA as far as I can tell.

It was ok but nothing special compared with other beers on offer. Didn't get a massive hit of Citra hops.
Suppose I was expecting more considering how popular it is to clone or maybe it just didn't travel well.

Suppose I was expecting more considering how popular it is to clone or maybe it just didn't travel well.

I suspect this is the key. Brewdog, for instance, stopped selling their beer in the USA because of the condition it arrived in. Hence their desire to set up a brewery over there. It works the same way going the other way over the pond. The American stuff from my local bottle shop doesn't come close to what I've drunk over there.

Interesting thoughts, thanks. As others have suggested, I suspect it travels poorly. Maybe it's time to make it then :)

Interesting....I've tried a few bottled American beers...lagunaitas,a couple of the anchors and others and wasn't overly impressed. I quite like the goose island and had a pint in york a year or so ago and it was great even at over £5 a pint!

I've spent a lot of time (most of 2016) in the USA. So I've been fortunate enough to sample many craft ales in their natural surroundings, I have to say it's some of the best beer I've tasted!

Go on....kick us all in the nuts when we're down....

but I've not had zombie dust, and I want some :D

My favourite american beer is by Newglarus, it's called Moon Man. It's an interesting brewery as they won't sell outside of Wisconsin.

Has anyone made this clone?

Yes. And friend and I made this a few months ago. It was our second collaboration and it turned out great! We had to tinker around a little with the recipe as we couldn't get all the exact ingredients but we both thought it turned out really well. I would definitely make it again.

I've spent a lot of time (most of 2016) in the USA. So I've been fortunate enough to sample many craft ales in their natural surroundings, I have to say it's some of the best beer I've tasted!

You are Olly Smith and I claim my £500!

I sorta made it. I got a clone recipe and subbed in Maltmiller stocks and used some Yellow Sub hops that I a friend gave me some time ago that I needed to use

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/542374/zombie-dust-clone-maltmiller-stock-mod

Yep, turned out nice.

This looks good.

I was going to ask if the malt substitutions worked out good, but if none of us have tried the original it's hard to say lol.

Gonna try this, but I'll stick to Citra right through as I have 300g.

Northern Brewer do a 'Zombie Dirt' AG clone kit of Zombie Dust.
BeerHawk used to sell it, but think they are out of stock at the moment.
Their recipe is available online. Looks very similar to the BrewersFriend one, but I think maybe a less complicated grain bill.
Prepare for the apocalypse.
Here it is:

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 11.51.21.png

Latest posts

Back