American Brown Ale bottle swap

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be up for this.

Got a few bottles available. Rosemary and Simcoe pale ale, and a Black IPA being the newest stuff. Or have a stout, possible find some porter, and there are a few Patersbier left.

I would be up for this.

Got a few bottles available. Rosemary and Simcoe pale ale, and a Black IPA being the newest stuff. Or have a stout, possible find some porter, and there are a few Patersbier left.

The black IPA sounds good. :thumb:

Do you still want a bottle of the citra? I can send them both together.

Going off on a slight tangent as usual. The past couple of times I've been to my local craft ale pub I've been having Arbor Ales' Boomtown Brown American Brown Ale. It's lovely. The citrusy American hops are really well balanced against the chocolate flavour of the chocolate malt. http://arborales.co.uk/arbor-beer/

I'm going to put some grains and hops in with my next order so I can make an American Brown Ale - My new favourite style. Dad's Ale sent me a fantastic Appollo (Amercian?) Brown Ale when we did a bottle swap a while back too

Going off on a slight tangent as usual. The past couple of times I've been to my local craft ale pub I've been having Arbor Ales' Boomtown Brown American Brown Ale. It's lovely. The citrusy American hops are really well balanced against the chocolate flavour of the chocolate malt. http://arborales.co.uk/arbor-beer/

I'm going to put some grains and hops in with my next order so I can make an American Brown Ale - My new favourite style. Dad's Ale sent me a fantastic Appollo (Amercian?) Brown Ale when we did a bottle swap a while back too

I'll send you a bottle of this if you like? It'd be good to get some feedback from someone who really likes the style.

I'll send you a bottle of this if you like? It'd be good to get some feedback from someone who really likes the style.

Thanks DM. I wasn't angling for a bottle or anything. I haven't got anything to swap with anyway as I dont think my challenger pseudo lager/steam beer that I bottled this weekend is quite up to snuff. As a think it stopped a bit too high (although it got to 73% attenuation, I was expecting it o be closer to low 80%'s) and might be a bit sweet. I wont truly know until I try a bottle after some conditioning thuough

Edit: On second thoughts I made a Smoked Porter this weeked from GH's book but bumped it up to 6%AA using some golden syrup. It wont be ready for a couple of months I dont think but I could swap you a bottle of that if you fancy?

Thanks DM. I wasn't angling for a bottle or anything. I haven't got anything to swap with anyway as I dont think my challenger pseudo lager/steam beer that I bottled this weekend is quite up to snuff. As a think it stopped a bit too high (although it got to 73% attenuation, I was expecting it o be closer to low 80%'s) and might be a bit sweet. I wont truly know until I try a bottle after some conditioning thuough

Edit: On second thoughts I made a Smoked Porter this weeked from GH's book but bumped it up to 6%AA using some golden syrup. It wont be ready for a couple of months I dont think but I could swap you a bottle of that if you fancy?
Works for me, I've never tried a smoked porter before but was thinking of trying that recipe at some point.

PM me your address and I'll get a bottle out to you in the next week or so.

I'd be interested if you're still looking for someone?

I have a Rye IPA, American Brown Ale, Imperial Mint Chocolate or Chocolate Vanilla Stouts?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'd be interested if you're still looking for someone?

I have a Rye IPA, American Brown Ale, Imperial Mint Chocolate or Chocolate Vanilla Stouts?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

No probs, a swap for your brown Ale would be good. Send me your address and I'll get a bottle to you, hopefully this week.

Mine also arrived today and will go in the fridge for next weekend - unless I am tempted to drink in the week.

Will stick two back in the post. A black IPA and a Rosemary and simcoe pale.

Drinking the American brown tonight.

Not had many brown ales so interested to see what the Americans do with them.

Pleasantly surprised. Was expected big hops but this is well balanced. Plenty of carbonation. Great head, yet to finish but I guess it will be there at the end.

I had a hot chilli earlier so taste buds are a bit off tonight. I guess you have used some choc malt?

I get earthy taste from it, spicey or is that the chilly. Slight floral aroma and after taste. Might be way off here.

Lovely drop and nice alternative to my usual hoppy beers

Latest posts

Back