£100 for 40L stainless steel pot, cheap?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peteoc

Reaction score
Hi All,

Is £100 for a 40L stainless steel pot cheap? It's got a 4mm bottom and a 1.2mm wall. I'm thinking those dimensions are a little on the thin side......or maybe I'm clueless? :)

cheers

Pete

I've seen a 56l pot with the same wall thicknesses cheaper (£76ish). My 16l pot has the 4mm base and is really solid and not likely to scorch.

for £220 i will sell you a 98l boil kettle with 3part ss drain valve 1 part ss recirc control valve and 2x 100% ss lwd brewing elements inc 2.5mm sq heatproof flex and 16a plugs and pt100 probe fitted.
im downgrading from 3 to 2 vessel brewing
(elements alone would cost over £100)

10156465563_fdc386b1fa_n.jpg

wot deadspace
10369828294_63020cdec8_n.jpg

That sounds like a good deal - are you going to stick it in the 'for sale' forum? Bet it won't be there for long....

You can get a 50l pot with tap and hop filter for £88 on malt miller. No idea if it's any good but seems good value in comparison, you can get it without tap etc for £66.

I can also recommend powell brewing. All my gear was from him and its been spot on. I live near him though so got a good deal for picking up

think a 50l pot will cost you about £50 or less from catering portal that sell on French ebay. iv purchased from them in the past and the pots are good quality. loads of homebrewers buy from them. im sure someone could put there email address up. ive not got it.

Latest posts

Back