1/2 stainless steel jubilee clips

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sbond10

Regular.
Reaction score
Looking for 2x 1/2 full stainless steel jubilee clips. These need to be completly stainless including grub screw as its going in the boil.
Two supplier s ive found one was sold out and wanted 7 quid pnp
The other wanted close to 4 quid pnp which to me seems frigging dear

Also lookingbfor two 1/2 hex nuts

So anyone found an alternative suppliers for these links would be greatly received

Cheers sean

Full stainless clamps such as jubilee and mikalor tend to be quite expensive.

Would something like Ezyclic do you? There sub £1 a pop.

All i need it for is to make sure sum silicone hose doesnt slip off a hose barb during the boil

Got mine from Screwfix but to be fair they are not that good quality. Let us know if you get some value for money ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What's wrong with a zip tie or two?

Relax and can fail when they get warm/hot. Depends what risks you’re prepared to take with your brew I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

These are not the right size, but come in all sorts of sizes.
They are not stainless steel, but being so "slick" I doubt you have to worry about rust.
They need a crimping tool to put them on, but it isn't expensive (£5-10?).
They don't come off!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401474672381

Yea what ever clips there gonna be there going to have to survive a 90 minute mash and 90 minute whilst being fully submerged

I think the ones I bought from SDM Leyland were about this size. Couldn't vouch if they are stainless steel but much better quality than ones I got off Amazon. They sell them loose in the plumbing section for less than a quid each.

Having looked at their website seems that SDM is only in London but imagine any other plumbers merchant would have them?

Beercat i think you n i bought our tails from the same supplier i might shove my.hose on and see how tight it is.

Ss tie wraps look like a niffy idea

I got these from Brewbuilder.

https://www.brewbuilder.co.uk/ss-hose-clips-thumb-drive.html

Whilst the plastic thumb-drive clearly wouldn't work inside the kettle, you might be able to break this off and tighten with pliers/screwdriver. Having checked, the thumb-drive doesn't simply pull off so I can't confirm whether or not it'd be possible to use without it though. However, at 75p each, it might be worth a stab, particularly if you can order in conjunction with some else you happen to need (as shipping is a fairly exorbitant £7.00...). They are excellent for using as supplied outside of the kettle - the thumb-drive makes them much easier than fiddling with grub-screws

Latest posts

Back