2 months in and loving it! With pics :p

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad_Idea_Beers

Bad Idea Beers
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the forum.

Me and 2 friends decided in March 2015 that we would like to start brewing our own beer. When I told the better half she just laughed and said "yeah of course you do, Mark this will never happen, and you know it".

A week later and research done I set about buying all the equipment. We thought we would go larger than a standard 20l set, so we bought;

72l electric boil kettle
60l fermenter (just bought another to increase batch size)
5l easy kegs
Started saving all our old bottles (not paying 50p-£1 for an empty one!)

When the equipment got delivered you can imagine what the other half said. Lots of words that I can't put on here and then told me to get it straight out into the shed (now the man cave) :razz:

So far all the beers have come out tasting amazing (probably a bit biased) so we will be increasing the batches to 60l.

We all like pic so here are some of the first 3 batches!

Knife ball cover.jpg

Golden Ghost cover.jpg

Beer Hive cover outside.png

Thanks everyone. Yeah we just jumped in and did everything in one go for fun. So we thought of a brewery name, beer names, logo, labels and the most important part the actually brew!

Thought it would be good to make all the mistakes in everything straight away. :smile:

It's amazing how much time you can spend (some people may say waste) reading, watching and learning how to do everything from how to do calculations and recipe's to the cheapest way to label a bottle. No real point in the labels as we drink all the beer within a week anyway but it was fun to design them!

Latest posts

Back