3 month old wort ok to bottle?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure about that long but I've had one in the cold shed about 8 weeks before and it was perfectly fine. My clearest beer yet tbh! I'd imagine as long as it's under co2 it's protected.

If there is no vinegar taste or smell to it go for it but if its a very hoppy beer it might be a bit tasteless.

I have a packet of coopers yeast? How do i go about adding it and how long should i wait?
Personally I would dump it. Good practice and ingredients reaps awards, bad practice and laziness creates flaws.
Most of the sugar will have been consumed by the previous pitch, if you are going to try pitching yeast probably the best idea is to put a little in the bottle along with the priming sugar. But I would certainly be thinking seriously about devoting more time to a beer you haven't missed for 5 months.

There's a way of doing it correctly and in any case it has been 3 months not 5 as you quoted
I make November to March 5 months, but we can split it and call it 4🙂
I have never had to do it but if you go online and search for adding yeast to the bottle you should be fine, just use your usual priming sugar amount, the yeast would be minimal I would say.

Latest posts

Back