A little advice with adding cordial to Turbo Cider please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bootcutboy

Reaction score
Hi all, I am just starting to get into making turbo cider and today I’ve picked up a few different flavours of cordials and also hi Juices (with 50% fruit).

What I want to know is is there any benefit in adding cordial to the AJ and letting it mix together either during or after fermentation for a few days or is the cordial simply a Way of adding flavour and sweetening the cider?
Do I need to add any water to the cordial before adding?
And is the process different with High juice different as it has fruit juice in it?

Any advice on this would be brilliant please as I have a few turbos on the go in DJs and they are almost done fermenting so I am almost ready to add cordials and high juices.

I used to make TC for my wife a few years back and used Summer fruits juice from cartons and she said it wasn't quite sweet enough so I bought Robinsons concentrated cordial with no additives or sugar (summer fruits) and added it just before bottling and it did the trick, no bottle bombs as no fermentables added with this cordial.

That way it doesn't matter if it's frementable.........simples, I think I seen that @Hazelwood Brewery did it that way.

That’s right! Brew the cider and add the fruit flavour when you serve - more flavours from one batch.

41B61359-90D2-45A2-80C8-078A61BC2004.jpeg

Back