A question about Supplier Instructions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So - I did a pre packed ingredient all grain kit from here recently.

As I always do I put everything through Brewfather to get the mash and sparge water amounts as The Malt Miller instructions don't suggest them which is fair enough as they don't know what we all use.

Brewfather came to this conclusion compared to the instructions from the supplier.

Even taking it roughly that's a drop of a whole 1% from the instructions - that can't be right can it? I totally accept I am pretty new to this hobby but I've made some nice stuff and most of the abv has come out at between 4 and 5 % of the ones I've done so far and this 7% sounds ambitious to me from the supplier instructions with that weight of grain bill as a noob?

Anyone got any viewpoints on it? I might be missing something stupid admittedly.

Thanks as always for any input.

You haven't input your yeast yet. If it's a highly-attenuating Belgian strain, you should be close. Also you need to check if your efficiency matches their assumed efficiency.

You've put candi syrup in your recipe, rather than candi rocks. The rocks will be more concentrated than the syrup so that will affect your OG.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back