AG#36 Finally cracked it......... Punk IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL

Just told the wife that its going to be 7.5% ABV and see said "you're mental"...

No doubt she will be joining me in the madness when its ready to drink :) Never brewed anything this big before (ABV)! and never dried hoped either!

Love Brew Dog though so interested to see how this turns out!

I like intense hoppy beers like Punk IPA and generally what Brew Dog do so if this is anything like it then its going to be right up my street.

I also want to do something involving dry hoping which I haven't done before. Plus I need to get brewing some brew for spring time and this fits the mould really!

FYI I thought it tasted best after 3 weeks in the keg. After 6 weeks the hops didn't pop out as much.

K

Going to be bottling mine so I will let you know how they fair in comparison!

Hops turned up today just in time :) Will have to see if I can fit brew in on Sunday Morning :) Told wife I wasn't doing it now, political nightmare now.

No fault of the Dorset Brew shop. You are always at the mercy of the Delivery company.

The home brew shop stuff turned up on time as always. I also order from them as a first choice. Haven't let me down yet.

right kev this wot i plan to do saturday morn is it right inc dry hop 5 days in secondry ????????????????? :D :thumb:

PUNK IPA CLONE (magnum ipa)
6.3kg M/otter
480g Crystal
30g Magnum @ 60 mins
30g Crystal @ 5 mins
30g Magnum @ 5 mins
protofloc 1/2 tab @10 mins
500g Honey (Used Sainsburys Organic - added to boil with 1 min to go)

in secondary for 5 days
Dry hop 30g Citra ------
Dry hop 30g Crystal --------all 3 hops for 5 days
Dry hop 30g Magnum-----

Collected litres at - Finished at 7.5% ???????
Fermented with WLP001 ( kevs :) )

water treatment 1/2 camden tab per 4.5L night befour
26.7L @ pre boil
23L @ end boil
Mashed with 16 litres @ 65.6c with herms system
sparge @ 80 deg c
Boil volume 23 litres - 90 min boil

Back