AG KIT CHOICE

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgerow pete

Regular.
Reaction score
I want to make the step from tinned kits to an ag brew, now because its my first ever attempt at ag i have had a look on the sponsers web sites and see that they do all in one grain kits, so my questions are,

with a budget of £20 to £30 we are looking for a 5 gallon kit that will produce an ipa type beer , which one do i choose,

and also is there any thing else i need, yeast , finnings, nuitriants?????

suggestions anyone

hedgerow pete said:
I want to make the step from tinned kits to an ag brew, now because its my first ever attempt at ag i have had a look on the sponsers web sites and see that they do all in one grain kits, so my questions are,

with a budget of £20 to £30 we are looking for a 5 gallon kit that will produce an ipa type beer , which one do i choose,

and also is there any thing else i need, yeast , finnings, nuitriants?????

suggestions anyone

Pete, have a quick look at the Malt Miller's site too. He does an SNAPA kit for not much... not too sure if an APA is close to an IPA! I did this as my AG#1. In addition to the kit (which included the yeast) I did add finnings and yeast nutriant, both of which are pretty cheap and last a good number of brews.

Definitely have a look at the Malt Miller. Top notch ingredients at very good prices. The kits look like they come with malt, hops and yeast, so I would add to this:

Campden tablets
Copper finings (irish moss or protafloc/whirlfloc)

I don't bother with yeast nutrients or auxillary finings.

i do beer and wines so i have the small bits and bobs at home, i will have a look at the kits again to see whats what, thanks for the tips.

can i just make an observation, as this is the only web forum i use with public sponsers i was surprised that they did not take an intrest in the question as well, you would have thought the idea of a posting an answer would have gotton them an order, is this normal on sponsered sites?

My first two AG brews were a Youngs Special and Wadworths JCB that I got from Worcester Hop Shop. Both turned out very well :thumb:

Latest posts

Back