All-rounder Yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greencheapsk8

Reaction score
Whats a decent all-rounder yeast?
Some thing that doesnt alter the taste of things too much,and can survive up to about 14%ABV. Or there abouts

As long as its better than this horrid Turbo Spirits Yeast :sick:

I plan on doing a bit of Cider, Fruit wines, And a some odd-ball things :D
ANy suggestions? Im quite new to this, the yeast i have was recommended by the store guy
(I think they over stocked on it :evil: )

Ok hows your experiences with that?

I dont want to have to add any extra stuff if i can help it.
Just juice and yeast. probably sugar if i can help it

It's hard to advise, not knowing what products you have access to on your side of the world, but for over 90% of my winemaking I use a Young's or Harris "Super Yeast" compound, which is a general purpose wine yeast mixed with some nutrients and some bentonite to aid clearing, is good for 18-20% abv, comes in something like a 100g pot, sufficient for 15-20 fermentations and costs around 2 GBP. Does your HBS offer anything like that?

Moley said:
It's hard to advise, not knowing what products you have access to on your side of the world, but for over 90% of my winemaking I use a Young's or Harris "Super Yeast" compound, which is a general purpose wine yeast mixed with some nutrients and some bentonite to aid clearing, is good for 18-20% abv, comes in something like a 100g pot, sufficient for 15-20 fermentations and costs around 2 GBP. Does your HBS offer anything like that?
Will this stuff do a good TC or does it ferment out very dry?
BB

greencheapsk8 said:
http://www.stillspirits.com/wawcs016161/ln-turbo-yeast-system.html

Well my local stocks this lot :sick:

And other stuff , but i cant find any links :(
Im pretty sure theres wine stuff as well

Clicking on the "Vintners Harvest" pic takes you to http://www.brewcraft.net/wa.asp?idWebPage=13453&ln-vintners-harvest-winemaking.html

Thought it seemed familiar. Just looked at a packet of yeast bought from my local homebrew shop - Vintners Harvest R56, "Packed in the UK for Brewcraft Ltd, Albany, NZ".

Cheers. I went to the store and they had some little 10g packets of french? yeast for wine making. Sourced from the champayne area, whatever that means :?

Only $2 so im not really worried if that brand doesnt work

Latest posts

Back