Amundsen desert in a can???

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suffolkbeer

Regular.
Reaction score
Anyone come across a clone of any of the Amundsen beers in the ‘desert in a can’ series?

I know there’s prob going to be flavourings etc but would be interested in having a go at one

According to their website the below is the ingredients and there doesn't seem to be much variation across the range.

I suspect, as you suggest, they likely just does the beer with the appropriate flavourings/adjuncts at packaging.

MALT
Pilsner, Rye, Roasted Barley, Caraaroma, Oats, Carafa Special III, Carared

HOPS
Magnum

YEAST
American Ale

ALLERGINS
Gluten, Lactose

Which one are you wanting to try and recreate?
I’ve tried a few but unfortunately can’t remember which ones lol. They were all high abv stouts.

I’ve liked all the ones I’ve tried so if there were a clone of any I’d probably give it a go!

Thanks for the hint, just looked at the website and yes ingredients list all appear the same. Although some variation in %alc.

Magnum Is the only hop listed, so I’m guessing a little for bittering (not sure what level AA to aim for)and no aroma or flavour hops?

just not sure what flavours to add, where to obtain them and amounts......

Id prefer to add at bottling/kegging stage rather than to the glass but I guess adding to the glass might be easier to adjust.......

Any hints on recipe for the beer and flavours to get?

Latest posts

Back