Anglian Craft Brewers Homebrew Competition 2023

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickjdavis

Regular.
Reaction score
I am happy to announce the 2023 Anglian Craft Brewers Homebrew competition will be open for initial registration tomorrow morning from 9a.m. This years competition will be held in conjunction with the Briarbank Brewing Company in Ipswich with judging taking place on Saturday 2nd September. You can register your initial participation from tomorrow and the site will open for adding entries from 15th April.

Head over to...Anglian Craft Brewers & Briarbank Brewing Company - 2023 Homebrew Competition where you can find all the relevant details.

A Facebook page has been set up for general announcements to be communicated...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/393871611413656

Last edited:
Just registered an entry for this...my first competition so looking forward to getting some feedback from people who know a thing or 2 about beer!

If anyone else is local to Ipswich I'm sure there could be a compelling reason to meet up for a pint or 7 in September!

Right folks.....I guess that you are all deeply engrossed reading your feedback sheets from the LAB Open and planning improvements to your beers....where better to get your tweaked beers (or others that you might brew in the next couple of months) judged, than at the ACB Homebrew Comp in early September....we've got plenty of spaces left so get on board and if you haven't already done so bag yourself an entry at...

https://competition.angliancraftbrewers.org.uk/

We have started releasing details on the comp FB page of our various sponsors/donators of prizes...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/393871611413656
Crossmyloof have provided us with 10 assorted 100g packs of hops along with 10 packs of their dried yeast.

Hop merchants Charles Faram have given us 3 1kg packs of hops (1 each of Jester, Olicana and Vista).

more announcements will follow.

There are still plenty of spaces up for grabs so if you havent entered please sign up here...

https://competition.angliancraftbrewers.org.uk/

Any reason why 34a is there and not 34b or c? Not a criticism just interested behind the style selections.

Too little entries in the other two and you get a few clones each year?

34a must be incredibly hard to judge if you've not had the commercial beer?

Any reason why 34a is there and not 34b or c? Not a criticism just interested behind the style selections.

Too little entries in the other two and you get a few clones each year?

34a must be incredibly hard to judge if you've not had the commercial beer?

Quite simply....it was customer demand!!!

I was contacted by a couple of brewers who have brewed "clones" of well known beers (not the same beers) who wanted feedback on their beers. Otherwise...no, 34 would not have featured as an entry category.

We will have to find suitable categories to fit the beers in to so they can be judged both in context of the clone beer and against similar related styles.

Into a new week and a shoutout to a third sponsor....this time the IoT technology company Inkbird. Perhaps best known in the homebrew community for their 308 series of temperature controllers, Inkbird also supply sous vide products for use in the kitchen, garden irrigation controllers and barbeque temperature controllers.
Inkbird have very kindly provided us with ELEVEN 308 temerpature controllers (Both W-fi and non-wifi); 5 of their Instant Read Digital Thermometers; and a Vacuum Sealer.
We really appreciate the generosity of Inkbird and the support they have shown us.

Reminder that all entries must be added and paid for by 11pm tomorrow or they will be purged.

Looks like there's 26 spaces left.

My first time in this comp and looking forward to it.

Just couldn't get myself together for this one in time, so need to give it a miss. Good luck folks!

Just a heads up (emails have gone out to all competitors)....although the comp website says that the shipping/drop off window is closed, that is not the case. The window remains open up until Friday 25th August.

There is a bug in the competition management software that means the only way we can prevent further editing of entries, is to set the shipping window as closed.

Posted mine this morning. Feels strange submitting a bottle conditioned beer and not running around at the last minute to submit it as freshly bottled as possible!

Latest posts

Back