Anyone recommend a good Bitter kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikecfc

Reaction score
Hi All,

Ive now brewed x3 lager kits, coopers aussie lager, coopers mexican, and the coopers pilsner. I would like to do a tasty bitter kit, Any suggestions?

Thanks

i've only made budget kits. youngs definitive bitter and geordie bitter for under a tenner, and the slightly more expensive edme super gold and john bull ipa, around 12 quid.

the geordie bitter is good with a good brown sugar and a bit less water.

i think the edme and john bull kits use better yeast becasue they ferment much more quickly.

but for the money a geordie brewed a bit short with 20liters of water is a winner.

depends on what you like, I've just bottled a Coopers Draught (Australian bitter) and when I made sure it was going to be suitable for bottling ;) it tasted a bit like Boddingtons, as my real ale mate would call it a 'Blonde' very light for a bitter.

thanks for your replies :thumb: still not sure , the nelsons revenge is looking tempting.. So many to choose from :hmm:

Have tonight just started to drink Tom Caxton - Real Ale

I wouldn't have bought this myself, and didn't have very high expectations of it, but it is actually quite nice. My mam bought it from wilkos for my birthday.

The best kit I have done to date is Woodfordes Great Eastern, which is a fairly pale ale. i dry hopped it, and it is very nice. I have a brupaks IPA conditioning which i have very high hopes for, but am worried that i messed up the dry hopping in this case. Time will tell....

Thanks everybody for all of your suggestions, so many to choose from :wha: :wha: May be i should try them all :party:

Back