Apple & Elderflower (from Copella juice)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MostlyHarmless

Reaction score
I was wandering around the supermarket yesterday and found myself stood next to a chiller cabinet full of fruit juices.

Completely on impulse I thought "well, I've got a spare demijohn" and I loaded half a dozen bottles of Copella Apple & Elderflower juice into my trolley. At home I put a pound of sugar and the juice into a demijohn, added some Youngs Super Yeast Compound and popped the demijohn away in the cupboard.

It was fizzing away like a good 'un this morning. I was pleasantly suprised, as when I was talking to the guy in my local(-ish) brew shop he reckoned it's hard to do that sort of thing without adding yeast nutrient. So far, so good....

Interested to see how this turns out.

Let me know how it goes, i'll prob have ago myself. Seams there are quite a few different flavours in the copella juices.

Very very interested in how this one turned out as I drink Copella quite a bit and was just having the exact same thoughts today

I was wandering around the supermarket yesterday and found myself stood next to a chiller cabinet full of fruit juices.

Completely on impulse I thought "well, I've got a spare demijohn" and I loaded half a dozen bottles of Copella Apple & Elderflower juice into my trolley. At home I put a pound of sugar and the juice into a demijohn, added some Youngs Super Yeast Compound and popped the demijohn away in the cupboard.

It was fizzing away like a good 'un this morning. I was pleasantly suprised, as when I was talking to the guy in my local(-ish) brew shop he reckoned it's hard to do that sort of thing without adding yeast nutrient. So far, so good....

Interested to see how this turns out.

Hi mate, any new on how this went?
I am a bit of a cider snob (rightly so in my opinion) and have made plenty of cider (and real perry) with fruit but wanted to make some turbo cider that is as authentic as the real stuff can be so was interested in copella... how did yours turn out? did you just turn it into wine and ferment it until it stopped? I guess for cider id have to stop it early.

It worked out quite well as a wine.** Best drunk adolescent...not young, as needs time to mature and soften a bit, but as it ages the elderflower taste fades off.

Back