Back Sweetening Turbo Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will4009

Reaction score
Hello,

So, what's everyone's preferred method?

I have just tasted a batch of my turbo cider that has been bottled for 2 weeks. I didn't back sweeten, and it is very dry. I have another currently fermenting, an apple and pineapple TC, and I would like to sweeten it slightly.

I have some fake sugar, erythritol, I was unsure if that could be used? Or, how much to use per pint?

Would be grateful for some suggestions.

Thanks

I use Stevia in the powdered form. 1/2 a level teaspoon a pint. It's expensive but it's natural from a plant & is hard to tell the difference from sugar in your coffee too. Hopefully it won't rot your brains like some sweeteners are reported to.

Poor a bottle of your dry cider then add sweetener till you get the level of sweetness you like. Then assuming your latest batch finishes at a similar gravity (dryness) you know how much to add per bottle/pint so it's to your taste.

Hello,

So, what's everyone's preferred method?

I have just tasted a batch of my turbo cider that has been bottled for 2 weeks. I didn't back sweeten, and it is very dry. I have another currently fermenting, an apple and pineapple TC, and I would like to sweeten it slightly.

I have some fake sugar, erythritol, I was unsure if that could be used? Or, how much to use per pint?

Would be grateful for some suggestions.

Thanks
I use Young's wine sweetener

Can I ask how much you use per pint?
I've never measured it - I add to taste to the keg before bottling. I would estimate 50-70ml based on the number of brews done (to a 21 litre brew), and the quantity left. It really depends on how sweet or dry you want it.

Back