Backberry and Nettle wine Recipe request

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duvessa

Reaction score
Hi all I've recently got into wine making mainly haveing sucesses with fruit juice wines and fruit tea wines. However I've found some frozen Blackberrys in my frezer and really like the idea of blackberry and nettle wine but I can't find a recipe for it anywhere. Would anyone be able to help me out please?

I've never made nettle wine but would imagine it must be a fairly delicate white, so can't see why you would combine that with a strong red fruit. You won't find a joint recipe because nettle would traditionally be made in April/May, blackberries won't be around until August/September, and most of the recipes we still use pre-date the fridge/freezer.

I made a NETTLE BEER once...... It was awful..........I have 1 500ml bottle left the rest got dumped down the sink. I save 1 bottle because Rick (the brewer) said he made a nettle wine and it took a year to become drinkable. My remaining bottle is a year old next month but im reluctant to try it :rofl:

ok guess my idea wasn't such a good one lol thanks for you help on the plus side just scored a load of free demi john and beer brew equipment from freecycle :D

Latest posts

Back