Bag of grains

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrRook

Landlord.
Reaction score
Got this yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_20231015_170413.jpg
    IMG_20231015_170413.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 5
Got this yesterday.
Very much my usual base malt, use it for everything I brew, which is pretty standard English and Belgian styles, low-ish hopped beers (by contemporary standards, which are excessive) and medium-higher strength beers (max 7-8% or so).

Is Crisp malt well milled?
I have bags from other sources with a lot of flour and fragments :(
On my last mash it almost 'set' - wouldn't drain through the bed.
That will depend on who you buy it from.
Crisp will supply it o th retailer uncrushed. The retailer will then crush to order. Some retailers let you specify crush size when you order.

That will depend on who you buy it from.
Crisp will supply it o th retailer uncrushed. The retailer will then crush to order. Some retailers let you specify crush size when you order.
So recommendations for millers please.

My last bag of Maris Otter (BrewCo) was about 10% flour :(

Don't really want to go down the milling route atm - i already have so much kit to clean and store so that the garage can work for DIY and motorcycles in between brews lol.

Was just hoping someone here could recommend a crushed malt supplier.

Just remember THBC are based in Ireland so there's

Just remember THBC website prices are VAT-ex, need to add 23% Irish VAT to the prices - caught me out last time.
All prices are inclusive of vat. When you go to the checkout though they list vat separately - think it's for convenience of accounting etc.

All prices are inclusive of vat. When you go to the checkout though they list vat separately - think it's for convenience of accounting etc.

Apologies, you are correct, just re-read the invoice: the VAT is listed in the subtotals at the end along with shipping charges, so it looks like VAT all is part of the final calculation but it isn't, it is in with the prices.

Glad I posted now, since ordering I've been feeling a bit ripped off but I'll order from them again now.

Apologies, you are correct, just re-read the invoice: the VAT is listed in the subtotals at the end along with shipping charges, so it looks like VAT all is part of the final calculation but it isn't, it is in with the prices.

Glad I posted now, since ordering I've been feeling a bit ripped off but I'll order from them again now.
I made this exact same mistake!

Back