Beast of Midland Mild Recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Baron

Staff member
Reaction score
I have just tasted my Beast of the Midland Mild and even after just a week in the keg it tastes rather nice.
Could be my Christmas quaffer as its just 3.2% ABV.
It is taken off the Twisted Barrel recipe on the MM site and slightly scaled down, and a twist with using a Belgian style yeast Flushed Nun

Last edited:
I see the recipe at MM is taken exactly and per quantity from the Andy Parker/Graham Wheeler book. I made this one a while back with MJ-M42, which attenuated it a tad too much and it ended up at 3.9%. Didn't put the vanilla pod in, though.

I have just tasted my Beast of the Midland Mild and even after just a week in the keg it tastes rather nice.
Could be my Christmas quaffer as its just 3.2% ABV.
It is taken off the Twisted Barrel recipe on the MM site and slightly scaled down, and a twist with using a Belgian style yeast Flushed Nun
Haha, mines just coming out of the fv… glad I’ve got something to look forward to in the new year 👍🏻 couldn’t believe how much vanilla pods cost though lol

I didn't use the vanilla pod and replace the roasted barley with special carafe 3 if fact just pulled a 2 litre pop bottle worth off the pump.
I think it is really nice for a winter style drink and not high in ABV athumb..

Back