Been meddling with cider will this work ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony Waters

Reaction score
Just racked off a demijon of homemade cider from fresh apples thats finished ive added a bottle of blackcurrant cordial and some yeast & yeast nutrient and kicked it off again Ive never tried to do this before will it referment considering its 7%abv ? Thanks Anthony

It may contain preservatives which may not ferment. you should of boiled it first for 10 - 15 minutes to be safe. depends how much sugar you put in it.. add a bit more and it'll go up, have you got a hydrometer? they are one of the main equipment every homebrewing needs!

i tried this with strawberry and kiwi robinsons and it messed up the batch... :(

Good luck with it though!

Cheers

Andy

I would have though it will work as I have had Ciders over 7%, its mainly down to the sugar content. Anyidea how much sugar was in the cordial ?

And if you have added 1 Litre of Cordial to a brew coming from a 5 Litre Demijohn it wont be 7% anymore as you have increased the liquid volume that does not contain alcohol :p

Rough calculations will put it around 4-5% now.

Cheers

Marrsy

Anthony Waters said:
I did boil the blackcurrant the mix has made a full demi jon I lost 1 liter of waste apple pulp

Be careful incase the yeast kicks up properly again and starts pushing through your airlock over the next day or two.

Latest posts

Back