Beer and football

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MirtazaPaul

Reaction score
I have my first homebrew (wilko stout) due to be drinkable on the opening day of the Euros. I think I might wait for my IPA to be ready instead as stout feels like more of a winter beer!?

Is anyone else planning to drink their homebrew and watch the football?

Me and a buddy try to buy a couple of beers from all the countries playing so we can drink the beer and watch the team. Started doing this for the 2010 World Cup and have done it for all the World Cup and Euros since. Part of the enjoyment is the beer hunting, turning up at weird Serbian supermarkets to buy a 2l bottle of rank lager or trying to get a case of beers via the Slovenian embassy...

Me and a buddy try to buy a couple of beers from all the countries playing so we can drink the beer and watch the team. Started doing this for the 2010 World Cup and have done it for all the World Cup and Euros since. Part of the enjoyment is the beer hunting, turning up at weird Serbian supermarkets to buy a 2l bottle of rank lager or trying to get a case of beers via the Slovenian embassy...
Brilliant!

My mates and I tried to do something similar for the 2010 World Cup as a blog or YouTube we hoped would go viral. It hit a stumbling block when we couldn’t find about 10 beers (North Korea and Tunisia were the main problems for obvious reasons, Ivory Coast was also very problematic) so we gave up.

I have 5 gallon of Wilko's Thirsty Red Devil all kegged up and waiting for the First Euro Match Friday already tried a glass (superb FG 5.6) Finding it hard to keep my hands OFF TILL 11 JUNE. Also got 5 gallon Wilko's velvet stout bottled and kegged ready in around 2 weeks from now FG 6.4 and 5 gallon of Tom Caxton Red Ale 5th DAY in the fermenter should be ready around the end of the euro's,

Hope To Celebrate an England Victory

My mates and I tried to do something similar for the 2010 World Cup as a blog or YouTube we hoped would go viral. It hit a stumbling block when we couldn’t find about 10 beers (North Korea and Tunisia were the main problems for obvious reasons, Ivory Coast was also very problematic) so we gave up.

in terms of home brew, we have england, Scotland, Wales Belgium, France, Germany, Czech Republic covered for sure. Any others?
all counties have their own version of lagers etc but was thinking more of a beer specifically associated with that country. Russian imperial stout maybe?
I’ll be drinking my English IPA during england games. At 6% I might need it.

Latest posts

Back