Beer cappers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont have my bench capper bolted down,I just put my hand on the upright and it works perfectly.
Wish I'd spent the extra couple of quid initially as the 2 handed capper only lasted 3 batches before not working properly

struggle with Wychwood bottles
I have a steel hand capper, other than not liking Wychwoord bottles, it has worked fine for many, many brews.

However, if it did give up working. I'd go for a good quality bench capper.

I dont have my bench capper bolted down,I just put my hand on the upright and it works perfectly.
Wish I'd spent the extra couple of quid initially as the 2 handed capper only lasted 3 batches before not working properly

My bench capper isnt bolted down either. Simply holding a bottle in the capper with one hand whilst using the lever with the other keeps it steady

I have a black hand clapper one which I have used since I started, never had any problem or broken bottles..I think they are like auto syphons.. some people do and some just do not get on with them.

The Wilco capper is ****. The £11.85 capper from ebay you can use like a maniac. As I'm filling bottles I line them up next to me on the floor and put a cap on while filling the next bottle and then walk above them capping as I go and can do 15 in just under 30 seconds.

Back