beer still very clowdy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wipeout

Reaction score
hi i have been brewing my first brew and followed the instructions very close the beer has now ale in its keg for about 3 weeks its a top draw keg so by now i would have though i would start to see some clearing in the brew but it is stil very clowdy is this normal if not any advice?

What beer is it?
Is it a kit?
If so which one?
If not what process did you follow?
Any finings used?
The more info you can give the better :thumb:

its a lions pride ale it came with MILESTONE REAL ALE STARTER KIT i used ingredients provided and just folowed there instructions i also used normal sugar

Your beer should be starting to clear now :thumb:
If it tastes OK, then it is unlikely to be infected which is the other main source of cloudiness.
Patience is probably all that is required :thumb:
For future reference, once fermentation has finished if you can leave the beer in the fermentation vessel for a further 5 days a lot of yeast will fall out of suspension and will aid the beer to clear quicker in the keg :)

when I did my Admirals Reserve it took atleast 5 weeks to clear properly

You may simply need to be patient :grin:

Growler said:
when I did my Admirals Reserve it took atleast 5 weeks to clear properly
When I did a Wherry it took a couple of months to clear properly.

Or ditch the kit yeasts, use something decent like S-04 and bottle or keg beer which is almost clear after 10-14 days.

Bottled a Great Eastern a couple of weeks ago, just tried one and it hasn't cleared fully yet and still tastes a bit harsh. Any idea how long this takes to condition in the bottle until its good?

Also got a Youngs Definitive bitter fermenting and a packet of Youngs finings i have never used. Only ever used finings once before and ended up with flat beer due to no secondary fermentation. I was wondering if to try the finings on this one which will be going into a pressure barrel. To fine or not fine that is the question?

Latest posts

Back