Beetroot wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigeck

Tight Ass Jock
Reaction score
I see a lot of beetroot juice in the supermarkets these days, must be more money in it for the supermarkets than grape juice!

Sarcasm aside:
What does beetroot wine taste like?
Has anyone tried this from juice?
Does anyone have a recipe?
Am I insane for even thinking about this?

There is a recipe for beetroot wine in the River Cottage Booze book. However, it comes with a warning - 'Beetroot wine on the other hand, does not seem to be much liked by anyone for the simple reason that it tastes like dirt.' On the plus side, it suggests that it can be useful for adding colour to pale red wines.

The recipe describes making wine from the raw vegetable rather than juice, but for some reason, I have never felt tempted to try either.

'Beetroot wine on the other hand, does not seem to be much liked by anyone for the simple reason that it tastes like dirt.'

The recipe describes making wine from the raw vegetable rather than juice, but for some reason, I have never felt tempted to try either.

Thanks for the reply. I think my temptation has now diminished to the point of no return.

Latest posts

Back