Beko Fridge Help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CliffC

Reaction score
Hi all

I have recently acquired a second fridge to use for conditioning / lagering. However, even when on full it does not go below 5°c.

I plan to control it with my Inkbird and need to access the thermostat to either reset or bypass it.

Unlike most fridges, the control knob and light are in the top of the fridge and I can see no way to remove the plastic cover to access the thermostat.

The fridge is a Beko LSG1545W tall larder

Anyone got one of these or similar?

Many thanks in advance.

IMG_20190317_182342.jpg

Just a thought.
If your fridge will not go below 5*C on full setting and no load it is quite possible that it is losing or has lost refrigerant. If it has, it will need regassing by a professional which is often more than the fridge is worth, especially since the leak cannot usually be detected and fixed.

It's possible, but as the motor is cutting out when 5°c is reached (rather than running on), I suspect it's the thermostat.

Just a thought.
If your fridge will not go below 5*C on full setting and no load it is quite possible that it is losing or has lost refrigerant. If it has, it will need regassing by a professional which is often more than the fridge is worth, especially since the leak cannot usually be detected and fixed.
That's my experience, too. Although back in the day, I had my "salvaged from the Liberal Club car park drinks chiller" regassed for fifteen quid.

Latest posts

Back