Black Friday Deals?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 Malt Miller for Grainfather with Wortometer (what the hell is one of them?). Price dropped by £10 too? £590 including VAT until Monday (there are those who "neglect" to add VAT until later - I'm surprised to see this trick still in use and it does not endear me to the perpetrators). Could be tempted myself, I've always been jealous of folk brewing 20L lengths when the smallest I can do is 40L (and my brewery is "broken" at moment so ain't brewing nowt). 40L isn't convenient for a "test" run.

Black Friday my ****...

jim-royle.jpg

:laugh8::laugh8::laugh8:

+1 Malt Miller for Grainfather with Wortometer (what the hell is one of them?). Price dropped by £10 too? £590 including VAT until Monday (there are those who "neglect" to add VAT until later - I'm surprised to see this trick still in use and it does not endear me to the perpetrators). Could be tempted myself, I've always been jealous of folk brewing 20L lengths when the smallest I can do is 40L (and my brewery is "broken" at moment so ain't brewing nowt). 40L isn't convenient for a "test" run.

Bugger.

... Could be tempted myself, ...
I caved in! So I will be able to do 20L (10L?) batches from hereon. From Malt-Miller with micro pipework (for 10L batches?) and a Fermentasaurus to work with it (starter kit, "sale price" but I don't think anything to do with "Black Friday"? - Sale still on until … gawd knows when).

Bit extravagant, having a home-brew "test batch" setup as well as a 1/2 barrel HERMS/RIMS "production" brewery, but trying to get the main brewery up running again in time for "Christmas beer" is getting a tiny bit stressful. So, I'm justifying the extravagance on "mental health" grounds. Hey, … I can get away with that, so who's going to be arguing? (If you are thinking of arguing: Lesson One. Don't try arguing with a loonie!).

... and a Fermentasaurus to work with it ...
Sale over now, but not before I swapped the Fermentasaurus thingy for the Grainfather conical. More extravagance. but the Fermentasaurus is only going to last until I forget myself and fill it with too hot water. And those Grainfather conicals look very flashy with their integral temperature control and cleverly combined dump/racking valve. It supposed to be a "test batch setup" so it really needed to mirror the features on the "production setup". So I have (according to my partner) a "pico brewery" to go with my "nano brewery". Saves me trying to modify the "production" brewery to cope with 20L batches.

Jealous? All paid for out of my personal injury insurance pay-out, so if you are jealous I suggest accidentally beating your brains out aheadbutt. What? Not jealous anymore?

If it makes you feel better … The price was reduced by £10 because they ran out of "Wortometers".

That does make me feel better. I have a wortometer which seems quite a cool way of measuring temps after cooling.

Sale over now, but not before I swapped the Fermentasaurus thingy for the Grainfather conical. More extravagance. but the Fermentasaurus is only going to last until I forget myself and fill it with too hot water. And those Grainfather conicals look very flashy with their integral temperature control and cleverly combined dump/racking valve. It supposed to be a "test batch setup" so it really needed to mirror the features on the "production setup". So I have (according to my partner) a "pico brewery" to go with my "nano brewery". Saves me trying to modify the "production" brewery to cope with 20L batches.

Jealous? All paid for out of my personal injury insurance pay-out, so if you are jealous I suggest accidentally beating your brains out aheadbutt. What? Not jealous anymore?

Do you have a chiller for the Grainfather conical?

Do you have a chiller for the Grainfather conical?
Nope. Neither do I "cold crash" (that idea is already starting to make me come out in a rash). But I cool my "production" fermenter with the python lines from a shelf cooler (water not glycol) which happily keeps a 75L batch under control when fermenting (just 5-6 wraps of PVC hose), and will cool it to 12-14C at the end of fermentation no bother, so it shouldn't have any trouble with a 20-25L Grainfather fermenter with its snazzy built-in cooling collar.

I'm looking forward to resurrecting my cloning of "Marsden Pedigree" which I had to abandon because it turned out to have a three week shelf life before it mutated/matured into something else (I guess that's why the bottled commercial stuff is so naff): I needed somewhat longer than 3 weeks to get through my previous 40L batches!

Should arrive tomorrow. I've already been messing with the online recipe builder and look forward to Bluetooth controlling the kit with my phone during use. Meanwhile I need to get the "production" brewery exorcized of the "induced voltages" that afflicted it after an "upgrade". Bit embarrassing really, I should have taken induced voltage a bit more seriously as it was a major concern in my earlier professions (as an explosives technician!).

Latest posts

Back