Black rock 2 can brew, only 1 can

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, you made one can to 14 liters? Recipe called for two cans to 23 liters.

If so, a couple pounds of DME or half DME half sugar should turn this into an okay brew. You're a little
thin and need something to thicken it up.

Have you got it sorted now?
this did not work at all, there is bits all over the brew now while im taking it out, top is full of scum, and every bottle is full of bits of the bottom scum :(

Scum and bits are normal....it's called krausen and is a by product of fermentation.....
usually when i do a brew the scum sinks to the bottom, this time its floating all around and a skin of it on the top aswell

Just to ask, I haven't had floating bits in my brows before and no floating scum, just thinking now, have I not left it long enough on previous brews?? Could that be the problem? Just been 7days before, left this one for 10

It was both white and bubbly

You find any images of homebrew infections that resembled it?

I'd drink it pretty quick. If it is infected those bugs will continue to eat what's there down to a specific gravity below 1.000. This means you'll build up a lot of pressure in the bottle beyond the priming sugar you added.

Be careful with them.

You find any images of homebrew infections that resembled it?

I'd drink it pretty quick. If it is infected those bugs will continue to eat what's there down to a specific gravity below 1.000. This means you'll build up a lot of pressure in the bottle beyond the priming sugar you added.

Be careful with them.
yea ok cheers

Latest posts

Back