Blackcurrant - Turbo Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobbieD

Reaction score
Just started this off, Appple Juice with 600ml Blackcurrnat Ribena boiled off to remove the nasties and no additional sugar (Tannin, Pectalose, Glycerine, Yeast nutrient & Champagne yeast. Started within 2 hours.

I am hoping for a brew not as strong as the Cheeky Vimto hence no extra sugar wil keep you posted

what does the glycerine do ?

I was gonna put a batch of this on but I wasn't gonna add glycerine (but i've just sent fella 2 the shop 2 get some as I noticed you added it and also it was added in the WOW recipe)

has your started to settle I put mine in dj today and it looks weird lol about a inch at top is clearing :wha:

Mine is racked and is clearing nicely in the fridge (think i will bottle this weekend) I have treated with potassium sorbate and campden although having had a sneaky taste with a straw in the top of the DJ i think i will sweeten with some apple juice...

Once bottled i plan to test my newly home made carbonator (dont cringe i will add pictures when i get round to taking them)

Rob

RobbieD said:
Mine is racked and is clearing nicely in the fridge (think i will bottle this weekend) I have treated with potassium sorbate and campden although having had a sneaky taste with a straw in the top of the DJ i think i will sweeten with some apple juice...

Once bottled i plan to test my newly home made carbonator (dont cringe i will add pictures when i get round to taking them)

Rob

mines not finished yet I think maybe another week ................. tasted good though :) I might prime them with ribena aswell :)

how did you make your carbonator? what is it :)

Hi, just a quick note to say that i have just had the first pint of this this evening and vowed to make another batch only 25l this time....

Loopy juice and my head is fuzzy already =)

Have a good evening
Rob

P.S. i will post a pic of the carbonator however i turned a piece of alluminium to convert a Hambleton Bard S30 bottle and injector valve to a car tyre inflator with an inline regulator. I fit a motorcycle valve into the lid of a PET bottle, pressurise to about 30 PSI and give it a shake =)

I fully appreciate how dangerous compressed gas is, so pleae do not try anything similar unless you know what you are doing

Anyhow off for pint 2

P.P.S. started a batch of cranberry WOW yesterday and its already going mad :drunk:

Is yours still or carbonated? if so how did u manage that? because I thought campden and potassium sorbate killed the little yeasties?

Hi, just a quick note to say that i have just had the first pint of this this evening and vowed to make another batch only 25l this time....

Loopy juice and my head is fuzzy already =)

Sounds nice i'm going to start one of these soon me thinks

Latest posts

Back