Blichmann Beer Gun V1

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghillie

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hello,

I've recently ordered what is basically a copy of the V1 beer gun by Blichmann:

Beer-Gun-The-Home-Brew-Shop-small.jpg

https://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.u...&PN=Cornelius-Beer-Bottle-Filler.html#SID=200

If anyone has used it, or has one, could you kindly clarify whether a 3/8" CO2 line will fit on the beer gun's brass barb?

I have emailed The Home Brew Shop enquiring about this, but thought I'd put the question to you lot whilst I wait for a replyathumb..

Many thanks!

I took the barb off an fitted a john guest fitting to it and the gas line fits in lovely. I use hard gas line btw
Thanks Alside!

That sounds like a good idea! Would you be able to send me a link to the type of fitting required please - or even the exact name of it?

My gas line is also the hard type, thanks for bringing that up as I doubt it would fit well to a barb, if at all! I do like JG fittings as well, they seem more secure and are what I'm using for all connections in my kegerator anyway.

Last edited:
Ace thanks.

I'll need a 3/8" x 1/4 BSP fitting for the CO2 connection to the beer gun.

As for the beer line to beer gun fitting, I'll need to wait and see what the OD of the supplied beer line is before ordering anything. Is it 3/8" connection to the stainless part of the beer gun?

Make sure its a male 1/4 bsp fitting. Its just abit smaller than 3/8 so i used abit of the supplied tube then put the 3/8 fitting on the tube but its not a brilliant fit so might be worth looking at an alternative

That's the one?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221592988920?var=520455405727

I'll leave the beer line elbow for now and just try pushing it on to the end of the gun as suggested. The line they supply will be flexible anyhow, and at 3-5PSI shouldn't be an issue for leaks.

My main concern was the CO2 side as I really can't live with leaks there. Thanks a lot for your help, I'll be sure to post back when I have a go at bottling :)

Back