BOEL iTap counter pressure filler

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

The-Engineer-That-Brews

Tinkering around
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried this gizmo for counterpressure filling crown cap glass bottles (listed on MaltMiller but currently out of stock)?
Not cheap but looks very good in the video

LeeH

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, it’s very very good.

peebee

Out of Control
Reaction score
They look very much like rip-offs of the "Pegus" taps. But you do have to modify a washer as a packer to make that tap work with glass bottles (they are designed for PET).

And being Russian made require you to step through even more hoops to get your hands on one. Pegus taps cost about £100-£180 depending on style (so comparable). They are very swish, but the Tapcooler one looks less hassle for the odd bottle now and then.

Dads_Ale

Crafty Brewer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Pegas unit but was hoping to avoid making a spacer LoL

peebee

Out of Control
Reaction score
I have a Pegas unit but was hoping to avoid making a spacer LoL
Honestly ... !

But it is one up for the Pegas tap - a few pence and two minutes with a hacksaw against £25 for the special clamp-lock for the Boel.

Leon103

Landlord.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a tapcooler and does the job very well for less pounds

LeeH

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They look very much like rip-offs of the "Pegus" taps. But you do have to modify a washer as a packer to make that tap work with glass bottles (they are designed for PET).

And being Russian made require you to step through even more hoops to get your hands on one. Pegus taps cost about £100-£180 depending on style (so comparable). They are very swish, but the Tapcooler one looks less hassle for the odd bottle now and then.
You have to purchase the PET adapter of just purchase the PET version to start with.

Brewnaldo

Landlord.
Reaction score
The guy in the video looks utterly terrified of it. It's a no front me based on likelihood of death/dismemberment

LeeH

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy in the video looks utterly terrified of it. It's a no front me based on likelihood of death/dismemberment
You would have to be somebody pretty darn special to do that!

TonyM

Reaction score
Hello guys! I work for this company in Hong Kong. There are different types of clamp-locks for these taps such as for PET bottles, long neck crown cap bottles (14 mm neck), short neck crown cap bottles (12mm neck), swing-top bottles, champagne bottles and growlers. At the moment, you can purchase our products from the Malt Miller. We have beer cooperating for a long time.