Bohemian Pilsner AG

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitoog

Reaction score
I brewed this earlier today and the wort tasted very nice. I really need to get a ss hop strainer sorted as a lot of cold break ended up in the fv. The recipe is from Brewing Classic Styles adjusted to 80% efficiency. The plan is to start the fermentation off at 7C, then raise over a few days to final fermentation temp of 10C. Then keep at this temp until fermentation is complete before lagering for a month, gonna be a while before I'm drinking this :D

[size=+2:38k52t4a]boh pilsner[/size:38k52t4a]
[size=+1:38k52t4a]2-B Bohemian Pilsener[/size:38k52t4a]
Date: 1/5/2011

Size: 27.0 L
Efficiency: 80%
Attenuation: 70.0%
Calories: 161.17 kcal per 12 fl oz

Original Gravity: 1.048 (1.044 - 1.056)
|=============#==================|
Terminal Gravity: 1.014 (1.013 - 1.017)
|=============#==================|
Color: 4.47 (3.50 - 6.00)
|==============#=================|
Alcohol: 4.41% (4.20% - 5.40%)
|==========#=====================|
Bitterness: 37.0 (35.00 - 45.00)
|===========#====================|

[size=+1:38k52t4a]Ingredients:[/size:38k52t4a]
5.35 kg Pilsner Malt
0.4 kg Weyermann Carapils®/Carafoam®
47.58 g Czech Saaz (3.8%) - added during boil, boiled 60 min
59.47 g Czech Saaz (3.8%) - added during boil, boiled 30 min
33.3 g Czech Saaz (3.8%) - added during boil, boiled 10 min
33.3 g Czech Saaz (3.8%) - added during boil, boiled 0 min
2 packs of Fermentis S-23 Saflager S-23

[size=+1:38k52t4a]Schedule:[/si

[size=+1]Notes[/size:38k52t4a][/i]

[size=-1]Results generated by BeerTools Pro 1.5.12[/size]

Good one kit :thumb: planning a Bohemian Pilsner myself for the brew after next

I did one very similar to this, it was ready last week and I am very happy with the result. I used a wyeast, fermented at 11 degrees for 3 weeks then lagered it at 2 degrees for 10 weeks. Hope yours turns out good :thumb:

spsmike said:
I did one very similar to this, it was ready last week and I am very happy with the result. I used a wyeast, fermented at 11 degrees for 3 weeks then lagered it at 2 degrees for 10 weeks. Hope yours turns out good :thumb:

Damn you got patience or did you forget about it :D . Did it take three weeks to get to FG or did you just leave it that long in primary? I have it in a fridge in the garage and the ATC-800+ controls a lightbulb to heat it up. I would rather use a heatbelt as it is a fridge freezer, although fridge is constantly on. Anyone use a heatbelt ?, but I 've heard people mention hotspots from using them.

After 2 weeks it wasn't at FG, brewing at low temperature takes a bit longer. I have a fridge set up with a TC-10 and a reptile heat lamp in the bottom although I brew inside so only the fridge section was used. I have another fridge to lager in (which also takes Keg and CO2 bottle but she wont let me get another fridge). I don't have alot of patience but I had a keg of lager made with Californian yeast to get through while I was waiting :grin:

kitoog said:
I would rather use a heatbelt as it is a fridge freezer, although fridge is constantly on. Anyone use a heatbelt ?, but I 've heard people mention hotspots from using them.

I don't use the heatbelt for a lagering freezer but I do use it for fermenting in primary. I use the TC-10 to control the belt and then wrap the whole thing is a big sleeping bag. Even although we are getting nightly frosts outside I am still able to hold 18C in the garage with this method.

TC-10Fermenting.jpg

Latest posts

Back