Bottle capper

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flan

Reaction score
I’ve just ordered one of these seems too cheap but worth a punt i guess.
318D29AA-E21F-4384-91F6-788B5EF5636E.jpeg

If it's your first time using one, expect it to take quite a bit of effort to properly cap, when I first used mine I thought it was going to break the bottle. If on correctly the bottle will probably be stuck and lift up with the lever, that is normal just pull towards you to release.

If it's your first time using one, expect it to take quite a bit of effort to properly cap, when I first used mine I thought it was going to break the bottle. If on correctly the bottle will probably be stuck and lift up with the lever, that is normal just pull towards you to release.

Took me a while to realise this.
Best to fix the base also, I screw it to my bench in the shed then put away when done.

Guys, does this need to be fixed to the table/work bench? Or is this stable enough to be used "loose"

Thanks
I use it loose and it is absolutely fine, if you have a dedicated space it could help to fix it down but I have never felt the need

thanks. purchased. My old one, 2 lever one, hand held started to slip on the bottle necks
That’s why i thought I’d try a stand one, my 2 lever isn’t magnetised and slips on the bottle a bit.

Thanks Galena I’ll bare that in mind when i come to use it.

I had one like that but had to return it, the bottle would get completely stuck (not just a bit like they're meant to) and it took longer to remove each bottle from the capper than it would to use a hand one!

Latest posts

Back